Friday, June 30, 2006

Awake

So, I'm awake at 12:43am. Unusual for me. I usually have no problem falling asleep. I tried my breathing techniques for relaxing. No dice. I finished the book I was reading, Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot. Entertaining, but not the type of thing I'd want to read all the time. Yet another chick-lit book set in New York. Are there any chick-lits set anywhere else? That would be refreshing. No offense to New Yorkers, but nothing about that city appeals to me.

Not that I want to read a book set in Houston either. My goal has always been that each move will take me a little farther away from that sticky city. (Think New Orleans without the charm and history.) Don't get me wrong, the people here are wonderful. I just don't think that there will ever be enough money, or grit and determination to make it a classy city.

There are lovely areas outside the city, but there are still the heat & humidity. In The Woodlands, for instance, there is a nice waterway, and Market Street, both of which are great for strolling around, and hanging-out. But there are only about 3 weeks out of the year when you'd actually want to do that.

Maybe I'm just ready for a change. I just can't decide where I want to go.

1 comment:

kolls said...

Hmph, I LIVE in Manhattan and I hate it with a passion. (I also LOVE the Woodlands!)